Are “Sheet Masks” The Next Big Thing In The World Of Beauty?
Having recently discovered Sheet Masks, I’ve fast become a big fan of these instant facials in the form of a contoured sheet.
Regardless of brand, they’re an affordable luxury that only takes 15-20 minutes out of your day, leaving your face looking and feeling hydrated, radiant and smooth. In a nutshell, they’re an all-in-one skin hydrator and brightener.
I’ve now used several brands of sheet masks (I got mine from Curious Peach – here’s a jump to take you to their sheet masks range: Curious Peach), each created with specific skin concerns in mind, and I’ve not once been disappointed. They’re perfect for dry and/or sensitive skin and the outcome is rejuvenated, glowing and radiant skin.
How it Works
Each sheet mask is soaked in a special blend of ingredients. Depending on your sheet mask of choice, this could include anything from aloe vera to flower and fruit extracts through to hydrating and brightening ingredients; all of which quickly repair and soothe skin. The serum in the sheet mask is intensely hydrating, so you’ll have smooth, soft skin in minutes. When you apply the sheet mask to your face, the actives are able to penetrate below the surface of your skin and do their work.
How to Use
- You want to apply your sheet mask to a clean face (I personally like to cleanse and tone prior to using). So before you get started, make sure you cleanse first.
- Open the package and unfold the mask. For a sheet so light and soft they’re incredibly sturdy, so don’t worry that in unfolding the sheet mask it may rip or tear as I’ve yet to ruin a mask simply by taking it out of the packaging.
- Fit the mask over the contours of your face and lie down. Because sheet masks are jam-packed with serum, you don’t want to risk any fall-out of the skin-saving ingredients, plus it’s super-relaxing lying down whilst the ingredients work their magic.
- Leave the sheet mask on for 10-20 minutes. I personally leave my sheet mask on for 15 minutes and this amount of time works well for me.
- Remove the mask and gently rub the remaining serum into your skin to ensure all the product is absorbed.
It’s that easy! An affordable, effective and indulgent facial, all in one easy-to-use mask.
A Girl Interrupted By Fashion, Beauty & Anything Pretty That Catches My Eye