NAIL ART and Colours I’m Crushing On Right Now………
What you’ll need: 1 base coat, 1 clear top coat, 1 nail polish colour, newspaper (cut into 10 little pieces to fit on your nails – trust me you’ll want to prepare this now before you get started on anything else), white/clear spirit (I used Vodka) and a small dish.
- Paint your nails with a polish of your choice, I prefer a light or neutral tone but anything will work
- Let your nails dry completely. This is a must or you will be in all kinds of trouble when you move on to step 3
- Dip your nails into a small dish of alcohol. If you don’t want to use alcohol, water should work too but the letters will not be as precise as with alcohol
- Take a strip of newspaper and press it onto your nail while it’s still damp. You can use just the everyday small print or you could choose a large print like a ‘headline’, It all depends on the kind of look you’re going for, but I think smaller print looks better.
- Hold the newspaper strip taut with a steady hand. If you try to lift the paper and put it down again or move too much you will smudge it.
- Peel the newspaper strip off slowly and gently. Hopefully this is a voila moment
- Apply a layer of clear top coat and you are officially newsworthy!
Neon is a trend I’m really loving – although I have to admit a splash of neon incorporated into an outfit is more my style, rather than an all out NEON ‘screams look at me’ outfit. Why not incorporate it into an outfit with your nails – subtle – but still on trend!!
Revlon Top Speed in Electric
This is a cute colour, but as I do with all ‘top speed’ colours, you need to finish with a clear top coat to get rid of the matte affect and bring the true colour out. Revlon’s new Top Speed Nail Enamel dries quickly and at $10 (on sale at K Mart at the moment), it doesn’t break the bank! This is a really close dupe for Chanel Mimosa if you’re not willing to splurge
French Style Manicure in Matte Silver and Metallic Silver. One of my fav nail looks and the perfect nail art to wrap up today’s nail looks.