Newspaper nails are so easy to do. This is a great tutorial for someone wanting fun nail art without too much hassle! I’ve seen ‘newspaper nails’ around for a while now but hadn’t tried it myself until last night and I was pleasantly surprised with how quick and easy it was. My ‘Step by Step’ tutorial will show you how to achieve this super cute look…
Here’s what you will need:
- Light Coloured Nail Polish for the base (I’ve used OPI ‘s Did You Ear About Van Gogh?)
- Alcohol (I recommend Vodka – not to drink!!) as it needs to be a white spirit. If you happen to have Rubbing Alcohol this is just as good
- A small bowl (I recommend a deep lid/cap from a container)
- Cotton pads
- Cotton Buds/Cue tips
- A Topcoat
1. Cut up a sheet of Newspaper into 10 pieces (slightly larger than your nails).
2. Paint your nails in a light grey or nude nail polish colour. Let it dry thoroughly before doing the next step.
3. Pour some alcohol into the cap or small container.
4. Dip a piece of newspaper into the alcohol for around 5 seconds and place, print side up, onto a cotton pad.
5. Press nail firmly onto the newspaper print and hold in place using the cotton pad for around 10-15 seconds (the cotton pad allows you to press firmly without smudging).
6. Lift your nail off the cotton pad/newspaper carefully. You’ll find that the ink from the newspaper will be left behind
7. Continue steps 4, 5 & 6 until you’ve competed each of your nails
8. Apply a topcoat to your nails. This will ensure the print wont smudge and gives your nails some extra shine.
If you have any print left around your nails, simply get a cotton bud and some nail polish remover to clean up your nails.
You can do this nail art with any newspaper print (unfortunately magazines won’t work as the paper is too glossy). A crossword cut into pieces would look kinda amazing too !
Don’t forget to ‘Like’ Gurlinterrupted on FACEBOOK and follow my blog by entering your email address on the homepage here on my site, under “Stay Tuned, Follow My Blog”. xx
A Girl Interrupted By Fashion, Beauty & Anything Pretty That Catches My Eye