The Prettiest Salad Of Them All…
POMEGRANATE & KUMARA SALAD…
This is currently my favourite salad. Not only is it delicious but visually, SOOO PRETTY!! I discovered this on one of my favourite foodie blogs by Jeanine Donofrio called Love & Lemons and I have been making it for every occasion ever since.
Perfect for summer – this salad is ALWAYS a hit and guaranteed there will ALWAYS be someone asking after the recipe.
It’s festive, fun and simply divine!
In essence, it’s roasted kumara tossed with tangy feta, sweet pomegranate seeds & toasted pistachios. This is so incredibly simple to throw together – even I can do it!
- 2 medium kumaras, cubed, plus olive oil, salt & pepper for roasting
- 2 cups baby salad greens (baby kale, spinach, arugula, etc.)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, toasted & chopped
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 2-3 chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Roast the kumara: Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Chop the kumara into bite sized cubes. Drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the edges start to turn a darker brown. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt & pepper. Taste & adjust. Set aside.
- Assemble all salad ingredients, toss lightly in the dressing.
And you’re done! If you’re not a fan of kumara just swap it out for ingredients you do like, such as potato or roast pumpkin.
A Girl Interrupted By Fashion, Beauty & Anything Pretty That Catches My Eye
Want to be kept up to date on all the latest and greatest? Follow my blog by entering your email address on my homepage under “Stay Tuned, Follow My Blog”. xx